Yesterday was tough and stressful, I woke up early in the morning to do some chores; I had to wake early because I had an appointment to catch up, so I couldn’t end up in time to live the house before the normal Lagos traffic start.
It was a lot of stress for me; I was on the road for 4 hours, and the vehicles were drifting and every driver trying to get there, so the lanes were not maintained. I was almost frustrated, I thought of getting off the vehicle but, at the moment there was no other immediate means of movement. I had to hold back, and the car kept running like a snail, when I got to the venue, they were almost rounding up; it was so painful because I was so stressed and yet didn’t take part in the meeting.
We know that part of the problem we face in Lagos is caused by the population, too many people live in Lagos state, given the fact that Lagos is the smallest state so it’s almost like everyone comes in here every day because there are more opportunities. Many industries and factories in Nigeria are based in Lagos, so most people are rushing in here hoping to get employment, Apart from the aspect of employment, Lagos is a place where you can stay and know when night arrives because no matter what time of the day you will still find people moving on the road, and the day always start 4:30 am every day, so you can imagine such life, there is no dull moment in Lagos. That everyone is moving in and want to live in Lagos doesn’t mean that everyone gets the life they want here, if not for anything, traffic congestion in Lagos is a serious issue.
When I got home, I particularly had pains, most especially my head, my head hurt so much that I couldn’t bend it, and even my eyes were so heavy. It was already late I said to myself, most of the pharmaceutical stores were closed, but I needed remedy for this. While dealing with this in my mind, I thought about what to do; the situation became worse that I got afraid, I just needed to do something fast. Then I remembered that cold water might be good enough, then I took a glass of cold water, I called my mom; she gave me instruction to break the coconut and drink the water, thank God I always have this and other fruits at home. Immediately I did that, just went straight to bed and laid down and thank God I could sleep, I woke up later at midnight and boom the ache was gone, I was so glad I tried this home remedy. There are so many things to be learned by people and this is one of them, for me, I like to try things out, and thank God some of these things have been helpful to me, and I try my best to share my experiences with you on my blog. Today I’ll share with you some health benefits of coconut water and these include:
1. It improves digestion: The fiber in coconut is very important to digestion, as it helps to transport the waste in your system, coconut water is another powerful remedy for those with digestion difficulty because the fiber helps to prevent indigestion and any form of Acid reflux.
2. Good for the skin: coconut water helps to keep our skin hydrated, daily consumption of coconut water can help maintain the beauty from the inside to outside, and it also moisturizes and makes the skin beautiful. Fresh coconut water also contains antioxidants that eliminate stress and cleanses the pores when we sweat.
3. Helps reduce blood pressure: Regular intake of coconut water can help regulate blood pressure, it is also best to take it early in the morning because it helps to balance the electrolytes because the excess levels of electrolytes will lead to high blood pressure. Also, coconut water is very nutrient-rich, and it contains the five vital electrolytes needed for better functioning of the human heart.
4. It’s perfect for weight loss: One positive thing about coconut water is the fact that the amount of carbohydrate is very small, it increases the rate of metabolism, which helps to lose fat. You can drink as much coconut water as you want without thinking about adding weight, its fat content is very low.
5. It also helps to improve the immune system: Oh yea, for this cause particularly, even if you think you don’t need it, you can just try it out. Coconut water helps to boost the immune system, it contains the anti-bacterial properties good for the immune system.
I have not forgotten to add that coconut water stops headache, this so true because I used it and it worked, it helps to calm the nerves and muscles. What I do these days is, if I’m stressed out and exhausted, I’ll just split coconut and drink the water, it doesn’t mean you only take it when you’re in ache, No, coconut water is good because it helps to hydrate and refresh the body with a good taste.